This chapter is a Haxe translation of https://github.com/DonaldDerek/Chat-Node
Socket.IO enables real-time bidirectional event-based communication. It works on every platform, browser or device, focusing equally on reliability and speed.
This example is a combination of
- Express (read more about that here)
- Automation (read more about that here
- Jade - node template system (I have not written about that, check this site)
- JQuery (you can find info about that here)
- Vanilla js (you can find more info here)
I have split the files in two different files, but you could combine them.
To do this add
-D client to the
# add the conditinal to the client code: "#if client ... #end" -D client # add the conditinal to the server code: "#if server ... #end" -D server